We have both caught ourselves engaged in mindless eating during this time of quarantine and thought this would be a great topic of discussion for our message today.
Mindless eating can lead to weight gain, increased stress, anxiety, and illness.
Below are a few tips to help you become more mindful:
- Stop before you head to the kitchen and ask yourself, Am I hungry? How hungry am I?
- Place your food on a plate or in a bowl do not eat straight from the bag.
- Take your time to chew your food and enjoy the flavors.
- Get out those nice dishes, shut off your tv, pc and phone and eat your meal at that dining room table that you haven't used since last Christmas.
- Don't overfill your plate
- Give thanks before eating
- Before you dig in have your family members share what they are grateful for.
- Select foods that are both nourishing and satisfying.
- Create an eating schedule and stick to it
- Remove junk food and sugary drinks from your shopping list, if its not in the house you won't be tempted to eat it.
- Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water
We hope the tips help you and we encourage you to select 2 of the tips above and implement them this week.
By the way, we are hosting an online virtual fitness class for all skill levels on Saturday 4/11 at 10:00 am ET we are charging a small fee in order to support our technology costs. Learn more and sign up here