People shy away from the Kettlebell because they feel they need to be totally fit in order to use the Kettlebell and this is a myth. That mindset comes from seeing images of 6 pack abs and fit bodies promoting the Kettlebell. You do not have to be a fitness god or goddess to use the Kettlebell.
If you are just beginning your fitness journey you too can benefit from using the Kettlebell.
These 5 reasons I love the Kettlebell:
- You just need one! Doesn't take up a lot of room.
- According to a study from the American Council on Exercise (ACE), you can burn up to 20 calories a minute, depending on how hard you’re working. That’s equivalent to (if not more than) what you might accomplish in a cardio class.
- Kettlebells are great for developing cardio respiratory and muscular endurance.
- Ease of pain on joints, no jarring motions
- You get total body strengthening and conditioning with one single tool
I use a Kettlebell in the Saturday morning virtual workout sessions, I invite you to join us here