There are numerous benefits of getting outside and enjoying nature.
1. The sights, sounds, and smells of nature produce an automatic relaxing effect on both body and mind.
2. Exercising outside has greater health benefits than exercising inside. Research revealed that people engaging in outdoor exercise were shown to have lower blood pressure, higher self esteem, and improved mood compared to indoor exercisers.
3. Nature's ability to enhance the functioning of the body's immune system. Research has found evidence that spending time in nature provides protections against a startling range of diseases.
4. Exposure to natural light and fresh air can improve your sleep.
5. Getting between 15 to 20 minutes a day of sunshine will allow your body to absorb Vitamin D.
Checkout the video below as we take a walk at the Brevard County Zoo Linear Park in Melbourne, Florida
Please share with us in the comments of how and where you like to spend time in nature.